I’m super excited to introduce this new blog series! Not only do I get to talk to some of my favorite people but I get to introduce you to them too. I’ll have to admit, the questions that we asked were really selfish, so I could get info that I didn’t know. Isn’t it great to be in charge? Hopefully, you’ll find these just as fun and informative as I do, and it will give you a glimpse behind the scenes of what it’s like to be a creative person and/or small business owner.
Emily Sole Growney, the designer of Emily Sole, is a more recent friend, but I’ve loved her work and love that she too focuses on custom creations, especially taking things you might already have and transforming them. She's a certified gemologist too! She’ll be in the boutique on January 23rd to give you advice on some of your old jewelry and how to transform it as well as offer complimentary jewelry cleaning! We’ll have bubbles and bites, so please come meet her in person.
Now, without further ado, here is a little more about Emily and my version of James Lipton’s famous Pivot/Proust questionnaire.
Tell us a bit about yourself!
I have loved jewelry my whole life! As a young girl I remember noticing jewelry from afar. Upon my graduation from The University of Mississippi, I attended the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) in Carlsbad, CA for one year. I obtained my Graduate Gemologist, Jewelry Design & Appraisal degrees, then immediately began working in the jewelry industry. I have worked in and managed retail stores within our trade adoring the personal connection with each client and each piece of jewelry. Jewelry is so sentimental and I take its value very seriously by listening and collaborating with each client.
I specialize in diamonds, colored stones and pearls in all price points and styles. Whether you are looking for an original design, need help redesigning an old piece of jewelry, or just finding your way through the diamond buying process, I promise my passion and knowledge will make it a wonderful experience. I have over 17 years of experience working with master craftsmen creating one-of-a-kind pieces you will cherish forever. When I am not grading stones or designing jewelry I am a wife and mother of 3!
Jewelry feeds my soul - I love what I do!
Here are the tough questions!
- What is your most used emoji? 💎
- What was the worst haircut you ever had? In third grade my sister took me to get a haircut when my parents were out of town for a trim….I went from Chrystal Gayle to Pat Benatar in an hour!
- Who was your childhood actor/actress crush?Tom Cruise in Top Gun.
- What’s the most embarrassing fashion trend you used to rock? Laura Ashley corduroy romper with a big bow.
- You have your own late-night talk show, who do you invite as your first guest? Ellen
- If a movie was made of your life what genre would it be, who would play you? Romantic Comedy being played by Audrey Hepburn
- You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick? All the Single Ladies (put a ring on it)
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain….” - Vivian Greene
- When you die, what do you want to be remembered for? Being a hard working woman who was compassionate and respectful to everyone.
- What would the title of your autobiography be? Diamonds are a girl’s best friend!
- What was the worst job you ever had? Working at Smoothie King in College.
- Which band/artist-dead or alive would play at your funeral?Itzhak Perlman or Vivaldi
- What’s your favorite place of all the places you’ve travelled that feels like home and is not where you currently live? South of France
- What’s one thing we don’t know about you? I can’t jump rope!
- If you could hang out with any fictional character, who would you choose and why? Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird because we both learned so much from our fathers (they were the perfect Southern Gentlemen)
- If you could choose any person from history to be your imaginary friend, who would it be and why? Elizabeth Taylor
- What is your favorite curse word? Oufti!
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?Secret Agent.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?Sitting on a beautiful beach in the South of France with my family watching the sunset.
- What is your greatest fear?Loss